Michael Lucas is back in Israel, and on his LucasBlog.com he’s giving a play-by-play about filming his latest title, Inside Israel. Lucas also was quoted in Advocate.com’s “Quote of the Week” feature. “If you are queer and for Palestine, it means that you are for the stoning of gay people,” he said. “It means that you are for the torturing and disfigurement of gay people. You are for the brutal harassment and ‘honor killings’ of gay people—because these are the things that Palestinians do to us.” He’s nothing if not political.
Here are two highlights from the blog:
- Lucas’ new find, Bruno Jones, was born in Argentina and now lives in Spain, and he loves photography and sports. He’s had sex on a public bus and loves guys who are versatile.
- The cast is staying in three apartments in Tel Aviv, and apparently they can’t keep their hands off each other even when off the set. Lucas reports they walk out of the showers with hard-ons and were so horny during a scene near the Jordan River that extra cast members jumped in before their scheduled appearance. Uh-oh—rewrite!
- When seemingly tireless promoter-agent-blogger Jason Sechrest can’t come up with any new ideas, he goes to his fans. Right now he’s asking fans to come up with a name for the new club party that will open Oct. 24 at MJ’s Bar in Los Angeles. So far, the leading contenders are “Excess,” “Fluffer” and “Porn Star.” Vote or see what’s winning at JasonCurious.com.
- Csaba Borbely’s stable of young studs finally will make a public appearance—or so I’m told—at the Venus Expo in Berlin.
- Pacific Sun’s Pritam Sinha also will be at the trade show and plans to give away a lot of goodies, but the highlight of PacSun’s appearance will be a “surprise” visit to the booth by some of Borbely’s models. Borbely is famous for dressing sexy foreign guys in uniforms (cowboys, military men, police officers, ancient Roman soldiers, etc.), sticking them in authentic-looking locations and letting them go at each other.
- Chicago’s Touche leather bar is gearing up for one of the weirdest Halloween contests around: a pumpkin-fisting contest. The bar is celebrating an anniversary this month, having been around since 1977, and the owners and staff plan celebrations from Oct. 18-31. Activities include a beer kegger that coincides with Bijou Theatre’s 39th anniversary.
- Another odd porn Halloween event will be hosted in Manhattan by performer-director Owen Hawk. He and a half-dozen Bavarian go-go boys plan to present live fisting demonstrations during the studio’s Oktober-fist party at SpeakEasy. (That may not be the wurst pun in gay history, but it comes close.)
- Speaking of Bijou, Bijou Video has dusted off the classic Hand In Hand Films created by Jack Deveau and Bob Alvarez, who were gay porn pioneers in the 1970s. Bijou has re-mastered a dozen Hand In Hand movies originally shot on film and put them on DVD, including the classics In Heat, Star Trick and Strictly Forbidden.
- Nothing will get your heart pounding faster than a COLT Calendar. (I have more around my desk than there are months in the year.) COLT’s 2010 calendars include some of the younger guys from the studio’s Buckshot line is out. A representative said the studio has been getting oodles of requests for the Buckshot Boys. Check out a sneak peek at COLTCalendars.com.